The Palmer Trust is a village charity to help villagers of Whaddon.
The Alfred Palmer’s Trust gives modest grants of up to £50 to people of Whaddon for whom a small cash injection could make a real difference. The Trust will consider requests from all Whaddonians but especially from the elderly.
It was originally set up in 1927 to purchase coal for distribution to the poor widows of Whaddon Parish but the Trustees have now changed the aims to be more in line with the 21st century!
If you want to apply or know of someone else who may benefit from a grant, please either email Gabby van Poortlvliet, the Whaddon Parish Clerk, at whaddonparishcclerk [at] outlook.com, or write to her at 134 Bridge Street, Whaddon.
For an historical overview of the Trust and some archive material, see our History Page, on the Archive material tab.
Christopher Coningsby - Chair (2 years - term expiring April 2019)
William Elbourn (2 years expiring April 2019)
Helen Strudwick (3 years expiring April 2020)
Paul Evans (4 years expiring April 2021)
Ruth Keir (4 years expiring April 2021)
After the initial terms of office, Trustees would then be elected by the Parish Council for terms of 4 years.
Trustees can be contacted via the Parish Clerk.